Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Getting Started

This is not an easy thing to start. Trying to publish a blog and website at the same time has been rather aggravating. Any advice is much appreciated. I have been costuming and custom designing clothing for the better part of 20 years, as well as doing historical textile and fashion research. I also teach classes on millinery, historical garb, corsetry, and a few other things. Being knowledgeable about clothing history does not obligate me to make it or wear it. My clients are largely Renaissance Faire participants, so I have to keep comfort, practicality, and flattering the wearer in mind. Precise historical accuracy is reserved for SCA events, and clients who desire it. I am honored to be in such illustrious company. I had no idea there were so very many REALLY talented costumers. If I added you to follow your blog, it is because I found you delightful and/ or amazing and wanted to read all about you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment